Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Growing Job Market & Attractive Careers
The field of medical billing, coding and electronic health records is growing! Consider the following statistics:
- Jobs are expected to increase by 15 percent by the year 2024-faster than the average for all other occupations.1
- The industry is growing so quickly that there is a shortage of qualified employees.2
- Bryan University can fast-track you to success, giving you the education, skills, and confidence needed to qualify for a great job.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
1American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
2See http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2071.00. Also see the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm.